Algarve Wednesday Walkers 2007/08

Another year on! A new Blog for a new walking season. This Blog provides a resumé of the activities of those resourceful, daring and eco-friendly athletes who venture into the wilds of the Algarve, without maps, compasses, rulers nor protractors, and with just walking sticks, GPS's, Tilley Hats and Rohan Technical Walking Apparel and a motley selection of dogs for company - We are known as The Algarve Wednesday Walkers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lagos, Algarve, Portugal

Thursday 19 June 2008

Wednesday 19.06.2008:- The Omega Blog


I am Alpha and Omega.
That which was, is and shall be;
Numberless and unnumbered. (ie No stats this week!)


~Robert E. Howard~


As we started back on 25.07.2007 with Sparrowfart - The Event, so shall I finish with Sparrowfart 2008 - The Recce.

A highly unsuccessful bid to prolong the season by offering a Walk in the Woods, had resulted in less replies than I have Tilley Hats. This was a great pity, as I had arranged to meet Julie Statham's Benevolent Fund Walkers, and they were left hanging around near Pedra Branca, while Myriam and I opted to assist The Elderly Gentleman on his pre-brekker recce.




Remind me and I'll take you there one day!

And so it was that at just before 0715 hrs (non-negotiable) Myriam and myself met Iron Mike outside Café Cansado. A minor reshuffle of cars ensued, when it was alleged that we had occupied some spaces reserved for builders,(who still hadn't showed when we returned at 10 am. (They must have been waiting for calls from AWWs to provide alibis.)
Amazingly I had remembered to bring the Gorilla Pod, so we managed to get a starter pic of the whole group, the Pod suspending the camera from the upright post of a road sign.



Just after dawn!

About the recce itself, my lips are sealed, as it would spoil the surprise. There was some vigorous debate, so don't be surprised if your ears were burning early last Wednesday!!





Action shot of the Gorilla Pod supporting the camera taking a Trig Point pic at Monte Ruivo.



Also a pic of How Green IS my Valley, on this cool June morning!!






The sun is barely over the horizon, let alone the Yardarm as Mike gets stuck in to the Amarginha!!


The sluggard does not plow after the season, so he begs during the harvest and has nothing. [Proverbs 20:4]


Silence at the proper season is wisdom, and better than any speech.
Plutarch



Whose and where?!!


I shall say no more!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home